Friday, March 25, 2011

From A to Z: Weekly Treasures




Hmmm. I am really unsure how I feel about this first article I found on EducationNews.org. On the one hand I know from personal experience how difficult it really is to tell the level of a person's intelligence simply by testing. On the other hand it is really the only tool available to determine the levels across a broad range of people.

I do however agree that testing can be improved, but then that requires more funding and more manpower. Shouldn't those resources go to helping people instead of testing them. Read the article, Maliteracy Practice in the Assessment of Adult Literacy , and see what you think. I am interested in know your thoughts!



I am so impressed by anyone who holds these large conferences. Mainly because I know how much work goes into them.


I love to hear about a literacy program getting honored!




A very informative article from about the problem of health illiteracy specifically regarding consent forms.


More stories that illustrate how important health literacy is. I love the line at the very end: “I never ask, ‘Do you understand?’ ” she added, “because they say, ‘Uh-huh,’ and you don’t know what they understand. So instead I’ll say, ‘I know your daughter is going to want to know about this, so what are you going to tell her?’ ” From the journalgazette.net.



I did not know this! Obama Administration Announces Start of Student Exam Window for 2011 National Financial Capability Challenge.

Does anyone have a high school student who took this? I am really interested to find out the results!


April is National Financial Literacy Month. Check this unofficial website to learn about the 30 steps to financial wellness.





And finally this, it is powerful.

No comments: