Monday, July 11, 2011

Summer Brain!


This is where I wish I was RIGHT NOW!

Anyone else out there suffer from "Summer Brain"?

This is an affliction that hits me every summer. I get so excited and jazzed that I don't have to get three kids dressed and out the door every single day that I completely lose my mind.

I think, hey, it is summer, kids are out of school, who cares about going to bed on time, or making sure there are groceries in the house or making sure the kids hair is brushed.

Problem is, I am not on break. I still have a job, and I am never done being a parent, so the kids still have to be dressed and be fed, and occasionally brush their hair, which I am in charge of.

I was placed with a new student. He is a basic literacy student who had to quit high school and now wants to get his G.E.D. He needs help preparing for the test this fall. Right now however I am feeling so lethargic from the "Summer Brain", that I haven't even called him. I am fearing the onset of another responsibility that will remind me that I am not on a break.

Does "Summer Brain" happen to anyone else? Do you start to feel lazy and wish you were on vacation all the time? It is really embarrassing actually, I am an adult with three kids and bills and stuff, I shouldn't feel like going to the beach every day. Right?

A sunset at the beach, pure joy.

Anyway, I am admitting this to the world so that I don't hide from my "Summer Brain" any longer. Time for me to face the facts, life will pass me by if I just sit around with laziness. So here is to my recovery. Hopefully someone else will admit to their affliction as well and we can recover together!

No comments: